The booq brand stands for premium, extremely well-designed carrying solutions intended for those who value creative passion and promote creative ambition. We do not exist for those who fear change, nor do we work for those who resist it. The booq brand supports those who passionately work to inspire, initiate and create new, high-quality ideas and solutions, sometimes against all odds and seemingly better judgment We all know that the world's progress depends increasingly on creatives and creative professionals, and since it takes ambitious ideas to make the world a better place, booq wants to help move those big ideas wherever they need to go.
The people behind booq know from their own experience, as many of our customers do, that relatively few truly ambitious ideas and dreams are the products of famous designers, respected thinkers and accomplished innovators but are products of yet unknown, unpublished creative individuals with a strong passion for being first, challenging the status quo, and pushing big ideas to see the light of day. Booq believes that the next generation of creative thinkers will produce the next generation of world leaders, and it is why we strive to create excellent ways to contain and carry the most ambitious ideas.
Booq was founded by Thorsten Trotzenberg, a German native, product design graduate of Pasadena's Art Center College of Design, and founding partner of 3Gen, now the world's leading maker of handheld skin cancer screening devices marketed under the DermLite® brand. Booq started in 2002 as a garage operation based in Burbank, California, and the privately held family company moved to Sierra Madre, a creative community in the foothills above Los Angeles, in 2003.
Run by a small team of highly motivated creative individuals who are committed to providing the highest level of product performance and service to some of the world's most ambitious and innovative individuals, it is our customers' creative work that gives us all the inspiration we need to stay focused and create truly great carrying solutions. In turn, we hope that our work inspires others to do the same, and we look forward to helping you move your next ambitious idea farther for many years to come.
The Canadian distributor administering this brand for Canucks is Sozo Distributing Ltd, based in Victoria, BC. Sozo was founded in 2006 by Bruce Ralphs, a Victoria native :-), who met Thorsten at 2003 MacWorld in San Francisco looking for flagship bag-line for his Apple Dealership; SOHO. Booq was a perfect fit for the store! Thorsten's passion, attitude and understanding required for stepping away from the norm simply supported the investment in the brand for SOHO's vibrant store. Their relationship grew and SOHO did exceptionally well selling Booq.
As other resellers in Canada learned of booq's success thorough Bruce (because they do talk to one another), the resulting desire and demand for the brand birthed the current distribution company. Years have passed, and now divested of SOHO, the team of Sozo exclusively focuses and services the booq brand for Canada. We are committed to deliver the same ethics and culture of booq to Canadians!
You can reach us Monday through Friday at the following numbers:
Sozo Distributing Ltd.
4175 Francisco Place
Victoria, BC, V8N 6H1
Sozo Distributing Ltd.
488E Bay Street
Victoria, BC, V8T 5H2
*Do NOT return a product without first contacting us for an RMA number.
About booq trademarks
Trademarks owned by booq need to be protected through proper use, which helps promote our strong brand identity.
1. Sales Use: Only booq and its authorized resellers may use the booq logo & tab for sales purposes.
2. Referential Use: Everyone may use booq trademarks & logos when referring to booq or its products, provided the use reflects favorably on booq and its products.
3. Unauthorized Use: You may not: infringe on booq trademarks, use booq trademarks in a disparaging manner, apply booq trademarks to products, materials, web domains not licensed or authorized by booq, imply that booq supports third-party products or services when this is not the case, imitate booq trademarks or graphics.
4. Proper Use: At the beginning of a sentence, use the spelling Booq, in all other cases booq. For legal purposes, use Booq LLC without a comma, as in "Booq is a trademark of Booq LLC." The all-caps spelling BOOQ should be avoided.
When referring to our brand or product names, always spell them exactly as displayed on our website. It is not acceptable to alter our trademarks and product names in any way, especially by separating combined words ("slimcase", not "slim case"), or using the plural or apostrophes, as we are trying to protect the trademark or product name in an unaltered form. So, no Taipans, Taipan slimcases, Taipan skins or Taipan skin's (ugh!), but Taipan bags, Taipan slimcase bags, or Taipan skin laptop sleeves. The Mamba Sling's (wrong) shoulder strap becomes the Mamba Sling shoulder strap.
Just remember that trademarks are adjectives, not nouns. "Bag" is a noun, "booq" or "Mamba" the adjective. Booq's products become products made by booq, booq products, or simply booq bags.
5. Trademark Notice - U.S.: On communications used within the United States, use the correct trademark symbol the first time the trademark appears in the text (e.g. booq®), and use the following attribution: "_ _ _ _ is a trademark of Booq LLC."
6. Trademark Notice - Outside U.S.: On communications for use outside the United States, use the following attribution: "_ _ _ _ is a trademark of Booq LLC."
For more information, contact us.